Sunday, April 30, 2006

What goes around comes around...YES!

So remember how I missed my flight in LA helping la pobrecita peruanita who didn't speak any English? Well, I'm now spending my last day here in Peru with my friend Sandra who also missed the flight. Got into Lima early this morning after taking an overnight bus, and her and her mom came to pick me up. After a nap, a wonderful breakfast and a shower we're about to head out and explore. She has a whole schedule planned out, packing in as much as we can before I leave tonight. Gotta love the unexpected blessings that come from what at the time seemed like a problem!
I had a wonderful last day in Trujillo yesterday. It was a bit sad, but mostly awesome because I had the opportunity to bless a lot of people. What is not a big deal to us, can be really expensive for the locals here, so it was cool to be able to help some of my closest friends get what they need. And I'm understanding more and more what it means to "be grateful you can give because you have been given much." For dinner last night, I made pizza with the kids in the home. None of them had ever had it before and I thought it should be corrected! It was great fun and most of them loved it. The power went out before we finished but thankfully the oven was gas and we were able to finish before it got dark...they kids didn't mind because it meant they got to eat the ice cream I gorught first. Ok, I gotta go because I don't want to spend my last day in front of a computer! Hasta pronto!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kallie,
I can't wait for you to get back! We miss you at the hospital. Erni wants to know if you want to come home and give everything you own to the orphanage! Well, I really enjoyed reading about your adventures. Come home in one piece:)
Love,
Steph

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»