Thursday, April 13, 2006

Things I'm learning here in Peru

1. Take toilet paper with you if you want it because unless the place you're visiting in the home of Americans or Spainards, you're not gonna find any.
2. If you are white, you WILL burn. I put sunscreen on three times today alll over my body and then washed my hands...and the tops of my hands, the only part without sunblock fried (as well as the spot behind my knees that I missed)
3. Cap'n Crunch is really good in Nesquick.
4. Kids are the same wherever you go.
5. I am not poor.
6. Bargaining can actually be fun (I used to hate it)
7. It sucks to have your period in a third world country.
8. DON'T touch anything in the shower after you've flipped the switch for the hot water heater, or you WILL be shocked.
9. Freedom is something to be appreciated.
10. You learn fast when you're forced to!
I'll right more when I have time. Hasta pasta amigos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wowee you are having some very cool, and maybe a few not-so-cool adventures. Hang in there chiquita. Sending lotsa love, Mom