Saturday, April 15, 2006

Spreading Cheer

One of the minstries that Nuevos Pasos performs here is Talleres de Vida, or Life Workshops. They have volunteer instructors that go into 8 different neighborhoods in the city and do activities with the kids every Saturday. Well, this Saturday was special. Instead of doing workshops, we took all of the kids to the movies to see Ice Age 2. We rented buses and had our own private theater which we filled with three hundred kids! These are all kids who live and/or work in the streets, so seeing a movie was defintely a treat for them. We spent the morning making up bags of snacks and they were so excited. The laughing, the cheers, the clapping. It was so great. I finally got some pictures off my camera and onto a computer so hopefully I'll be able to post some soon! I was also pretty happy I was able to understand most of the movie. Of course I missed lines, but I got enough I didn't have any truble following it...nice to watch things made for five year olds ;)

No comments: