Monday, April 10, 2006

It was bound to happen...

Well I spent this morning hanging out at home rather than with the kids, recuperating from my "mal estomago". Yep, I definitely ate something that didn't agree with the system. Bummmmmerrrr! I'm starting to feel a bit better, though I'll probably keep the food pretty light for a bit. I had a great weekend. On Saturday we took the kids out to lunch (a couple from Spain that was here before paid for them all to go out). It wsa great because they rarely get treats. Afterward we walked around the Plaza de Almas in the center of Trujillo and got ice cream cones. Some of these kids are really starting to grow on me. In the evening we took the teens to a youth service and it got pretty chilly, so Jose, who's 15 insisted that I take his jacket. What a gentleman :) Yesterday were presidential elections here in Peru. Voting is obligatory, so we watched the kids while everyone went to vote. The funniest part of it to me was that they banned alcohol for the couple days before the election and you couldn't buy it anywhere since they want people sober when they vote. After spending the morning with the Kids we went to Joan and Carmen's house (the couple in charge around here) for lunch and to hang out. They are such a fun family! They have 11 and 12 year old daughters and a 9 year old son. We played murderer in Spanish which was hilarious. I'm out of time here, so I gotta run. Love to you all!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, feel better real fast, I hope they are taking good care of you!Hugs
Mommy

Anonymous said...

Mal estomago -Que lastima -Poppa

Anonymous said...

Mal estomago -Que lastima -Poppa

Anonymous said...

Darling, where do you find your patience. Your mother and i don't exhibit that quality in such, pure doses. You are an my heart. They look at you so, cuz you bring them hope. Hell, you bring us all hope.

Dad