Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The days are dwindling...

Hard to believe I only have a few days left here. The truth is, I'm a bit sad to leave. I have no regrets about how I've spent my time here; I've honestly packed in about as much as I could! But I've realized in doing so I quickly became part of a family and a mission here. Originally, I thought there was no way I could live in Peru for an extended period of time, but with every day that goes by it feels more and more like home...yeah, that and I found Huanchaco. If I were to live in La Libertad (this region of Peru), that's were I would be! About a 10 or 15 minute drive from Trujillo is this beautiful little beach town that won my heart :) It's a combination of tropical paradise and my familiar Pacific, that had me thinking about SLO bunches. I went on Sunday with Marina and Aida (who knew I could have so much fun hanging out with 11 and 12 year olds?!). We strolled, shopped, snacked, and fished off the pier. It was wonderful! Quite a relaxing way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Yesterday and today it's been back to work, which I was also glad to do. Having spent the end of last week in the comedores and the weekend doing workshops and playing, I was missing my kids in the home! On top of that, I been working on translating the Nuevos Pasos video into English. Though I'm not the fastest in the world, I've definitely enjoyed the opportunity and it's nice to see that my Spanish is decent enough to do something like that! We're pretty excited to have the video in English because we can now share Nuevos Pasos with English speaking countries and, God willing, gain more support for all the work that is going on down here. Yay! It's always cool when you get a glimpse at how God is using you. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to come see us when you get back-on a weekday of course!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Tall girl. This is some really teary eyed stuff you are putting out. Quite vivid. Wish a had that sight at your age. Better late than never. I am planning on picking you up at SFO, on the first. See you then.Any requests for the Airport.

Dad

beckalippy said...

Maybe I wanted you to go to my blog to find the dates! Anyways, you need a good excuse to walk the halls of Westminster. AND there is this seminary that is kinda like an underground seminary that I want to check out. Heck yeah!
By the way, AShlee and I watched Drop Dead Gorgeous last night and talked in our accents all night! WE MISS YOU!!!!!!

Kallie said...

I love you Dad!!! I can't think of anything for you to bring to the airport, though soon after I arrive, I'd love to find a place to buy a soda with ICE! I never get ice here since we can't really drink the water :) The little things we miss....see you soon. Becka and Ash- "It's like askin why all the guys chew Copenhagen, if you're 17 and not a total fry it's just what you do!"...yeah for the Midwest!!! Teri- of course I'll come by!

Anonymous said...

Good News i have an ICE CHEST, what kind of soda?, Where can i locate the Flight info..., #, Time?
Do you go to Customs here, or do you have a stop over in LA. Just trying to stay ahead of the game.
Later, Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»