Sunday, April 02, 2006

En Trujillo!!!

So I made it. And Í am so happy to be here. It´s pretty funny because I´m in the middle of Peru, but am still hearing Catalan since most of the people I am staying with are from Barcelona! Makes me feel very at home. Yesterday was a long day of traveling, especially since our flight was delayed a few hours, but I spent the time in LAX with three of the peruanos that missed the flight with me the day before and we all became good friends. In fact, we´re hoping to get together in Lima before I leave. Gotta love how circumstances bring us together! I got to tour around Lima a little bit this morning before we caught our bus to Trujillo. This country reminds me so much of Ecuador. I guess that shouldn´t be a surprise since it´s just south of there! Anyway, the bus ride was long, but comfortable (it was like a flight on wheels, but with first class kinda seats). And now I´m here!! I´m staying in a house with others here to help with the missions. Ok, I have to go since we´re heading over there right now. Adios!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo-hoo! You made it, not there was ever any doubt...
Mom

Anonymous said...

Kallie! Hey Girlie... you astonish me, really. I am so loving this online journal of your amazing adventures~ I can just sit back here in good 'ol Placerville with 4 kids, go through the daily grind and live vicariously(sp?) through you. And all free of charge!! :-) Hey... where's the spell check on this thing anyway? (teeheehee). I haven't ever blogged before... but for you~ anything Kall. Still so glad we met years ago in A&P... talk about God working in mysterious ways! I'm very proud of all that you're doing and still can't get over how independent and fearless you really are. An inspiration and motivation to me... so keep up the amazing work you do and irreplacable changes you make in other's lives. This world could use a thousand more "you's". :-)
Love ya Girlie... and I can't wait to read the next entry.
Jewls.
PS. Think you'll have a stable mailing address in the next few weeks? I want to send you a pic of the new babe!