Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hogar dulce hogar

Home sweet home.
After a few flight delays and a bit of panicking by the parents (who were told by the airline I never got on the plane in Lima), I made it home safe and sound yesterday afternoon. I was met by Wally, my dad, and a wonderful ice-filled glass of diet pepsi (thanks dad!).
So guess what? Right before I left Peru, or maybe I should say as I was leaving I met a Peruvian not just my height, but taller! Yay, someone my height does exist there! He was sitting next to me in the emergency exit row. He was also late 20's, good-looking , and a Berkeley graduate...pleasant flight company :) Still is proved to be a bit of a tortuous flight since it was my second night of red eye travel and I'm the crappiest plane/bus sleeper ever. But after a wonderful night's sleep in the best bed ever (mine), I'm quite a happy Kallie. I'm feeling the reverse culture shock some, but trying to take it in stride as much as possible. It's hard to see people with so much that are still so unsatisfied and hold on so tight to their money, or spend it on useless stuff. Makes me realize that money holds us more than we hold it and while it can be used for good, it can also inhibit people from really figuring out what's important....but on a lighter note, I'm loving that I keep seeing people as tall as me! yay for proper nutrition! Ok I have a to do list about a mile long, so I better get going. If you want to see me, I'm in CA for a week, gimme a call! Ciao

2 comments:

beckalippy said...

Hey babe!
it was so good to talk to you!
I know you probably aren't going to read this until you are bad from your roadtrip, but I just wanted to say that I love you and I am so STOKED to see you in July!!!!!! Less than three months...!

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»