Saturday, May 27, 2006

Neighborhoods

I am a country girl at heart. I grew up in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains and I think hills, trees, and windy roads will forever feel like home. But I'm living in suburbia now and I have to say there is a part of me that love the little things that come along with a real neighborhood. Little boys running their paper routes, ice cream trucks, grandmothers gardening, and kids riding their bikes out in front of my car. I know they're probably everyday happenings for most of the people here, but they are the details that I love about my new place. I'm getting in the habit of going for a walk in the evening just because I love it so much :) With the tree-lined streets and brick houses, parks, and streams that fill this place, I feel like I'm on the set of a movie or something, because it just seems a bit too family-oriented and peaceful to be reality. I'm sure my feelings will be very different when the humidity comes on full force, but for now, I'll just enjoy the moment...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»