Monday, May 15, 2006

The Home Stretch

I officially made it into Pennsylvania last night, or more accurately early this morning. I'm hanging out in Pittsburgh at my brother's place and the fact that I'm actually moving and not just on another vacation has begun to hit home. Jess and I had a great time in Chicago yesterday with my cousin-of-sorts Julia (all these seconds and once-removed just confuse me). We went to Ed Debevic's for lunch, which is this hilarious diner where the wait staff is totally rude to the point of hilarity, on purpose of course. They also dance on the bar and make a great chocolate malt. Now Jessica is on a plane back to CA and I'm beginning to get the itch to get going on to my new home myself. I'll head out tomorrow and plan on exploring the area around my new place a bit since my roommate will be at work until the evening and the drive is only about 6 hours. It's been a pretty low-key day, but I've been enjoying it since I know once the craziness starts, it's just gonna keep on going!

No comments: