Saturday, May 20, 2006

Road Trip Pics


Is it time for some pictures already? They were promised in Peru and yet still I have posted nothing LAME! Ok, so here we go....




Shall begin with the road trip? Ok.

First stop, Battle Mountain. What is there to do there? Well, not a ton as it turned out, but it was at this site that we left our car for the first time since departing Reno for random photo action on the side of the freeway. (if my mom reads this, there wasn't a lot of cars and we were totally off the road so don't worry). More importantly this is where we named our road trip mascot.

CAPTAIN BASE CAMP.

True Story: Captain Base Camp is actually a painted green army guy given to me by a friend before my freshman year of high school. G=For the past 9 years of my life he's been hanging out in my desk at my parents house. When I was packing to leave, Jessica decided he should probably come along. He definitily played a crucial role in telling us where to go during the long trip cross-country.

After stopping in Salt Lake for the night for the night we made our way down to Arches Natl. Park which was awesome. This is one of our more normal pics...we took polaroids of us holding up rocks and arches...sweeeet.

In Grand Junction Bert and Merce took us up to the top of this canyon on their property where we ate lamb, grilled potatoes and veggies, made on a campfire. I don't think words can really describe just how cool it was.






In Fort Collins we stopped at New Belgium, the brewery that makes Fat Tire, my current favorite beer. It was great! We scored free postcards (they even mail them for you), free beer, free keychains, and found great company in the many college students that frequent the place. Highly recommended.






Well, Nebraska wasn't the most thrilling part of our drive, but I had the best T-Bone steak EVER at this place.


In Chicago we hit up Ed Debevic's for lunch, where we had the best time being treated like crap. Their gimmick is horrible rude service. Who knew it could be so much fun. I just liked this sign they had at the exit. :)











We ran into a walking Reese's peanut butter cup walking around the city, and OF COURSE had to take a picture!!!

In Pittsburgh I mostly hung out inside with this little guy, my brother's roommate's new golden retriever puppy....totally adorable. Ok, so if you want to see more pics, feel free to check out my album at http://photos.yahoo.com/supertallkallie

1 comment:

beckalippy said...

(Wisconsin accent)Oh my gash! Is that a Reeses??? oh, i haven't seen one of those in a mighty long time. Oh no, down here they don't like Reeses. No siree.