Sunday, January 07, 2007

Calendars


This morning I tried to make some plans with friends and kept forgetting what I've already got on my schedule. This afternoon I decided it was time to get a new calendar for my room and a new planner for my sanity. The selection of calendars offered at the numerous stores I visited left me somewhat disillusioned. How is it that there are so many ugly calendar offerings out there? I mean, at least half of them were covered with cats, or animals dressed up in Victorian outfits or as beachgoers or something. Is this really what people like? I mean I guess there's always the option of the black and white Paris pictures. They're beautiful, but how many years can you do black and white France before it gets a little boring? I checked out calendars.com when I got home and you want to know what the top three best-selling calendars are?

1) Mom's Plan-It
2) Dachshund Puppies
3) Thomas Kinkade Painter of Light

Man, I knew I should have bought the "Nuns Having Fun" calendar I saw when I was browsing shops in San Francisco. Maybe it's because everyone's organizers are on their PC's and PDA's...do you have a calendar? What's on it? Do you know where I can find something better? I'm tempted to just go with the freebies that come from the Sierra Club, or whatever, because at least I won't have to waste my money on boring.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My planner is brown leather. I have a PDA but I'm really not a fan of it. I really don't need one more thing in my life to remember to charge.
My wall calendar in my room is The Office, Dwight K. Schrute this month.
The calendar in my kitchen is a Psalms one my mom got me for Christmas.

I hate cats. The only thing worse are cat calendars.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kallie you scared me with the picture of the cat calendar! I got one of babies dressed as angels at Wally world yesterday, not my first choice, but better than 12 months of Tinkerbell or Elvis!
Mom

Kallie said...

You know, I tried to find an Office one Denise and everywhere I've been (on both coasts) is sold out. What the heck is that about? At least I got the planner I wanted today!

Bianca said...

I confess. I have a calendar. It contains kittens. (But I'm not a gross cat person. I promise.)

Oh, and there's also my moose calendar published annually by the Anchorage Daily News: http://www.adnstore.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Product/asp/hierarchy/03/product-id/755665.html

"Our Price: $3.95
SALE Price: $3.25
You Save: $0.70 (18%)"

Wahoo!

Jon and Jamie said...

Hey sis. Maybe I need to make you a calendar. We could have all these fun pics of places you've been, and our pretty faces! Love Jamie