Tuesday, November 14, 2006

HIV/AIDS in Africa


I want to encourage everyone to come learn more about the AIDS/HIV epidemic in Africa tomorrow. United Nations Secretary General Stephen Lewis will be speaking at a public forum on the Villanova campus and it's bound to be a thought provoking and informative event. The evening is free and open to the public. Let's recognize ourselves as citizens of this world, not just this nation and open our eyes to this tragedy ravaging an entire continent. I think the vastness of the problems in Africa-disease, famine, and war-can be somewhat overwhelming, making us want to keep our distance, but the first steps toward change come with a recognition of a need for such. Hope to see you all there and if you have any questions, or want to come with me let me know :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...this looks awesome. I'm actually going to be at the Fairmount Site meeting. But if there is any good take away info. (I'm sure there will be) please let me know.

PS-I emailed you :-)

Kallie said...

I picked up some good stuff for you and actually bought his book, which you can sign up to check out :) Mr. Lewis was an incredible speaker, captivating and poetic, creating some vivid imagery, so I can hardly wait to read his book myself! We'll trade meeting stories this weekend...

Anonymous said...

Hi Kallie,
You should have a look at this internet site http://www.journeyofhope.ca/! Rob is one of my Canadian cousins, his wife Linda is a nurse. They're living and working in Kenia, I think you'll like to read about what they do.
Hugs and kisses,
Pauli