Wednesday, July 12, 2006

And the good days that inevitably follow

As often is the case with the Bad Day, the one that followed was great :) Today was my first real day of clinical and I am reassured that I am in fact going into the right field. I woke up about every hour or two last night, totally paranoid I was going to oversleep, then arrived this morning with my stomach doing flip-flops and my mind running away, trying to review everything we've packed into the last 7 weeks. My instructor went in with me to do my initial assessment and from there on I realized it wasn't anything I hadn't done before and happily relaxed. I wasn't expected to know everything. There was a nurse and instructor to help me. And my lovely patient had mess of stuff wrong with her, but was a sweet and patient as could be! After doing all our assessments and treatments on healthy people, it was admittedly kind of fun to do them for someone who actually needed them. And I got to talk to her about her life, her family, how she felt and whether or not I funbled a bit or took a little longer wasn't such a big deal. So life is back to good. Kallie is back to happy. And the best part is I get to go back and do it again tomorrow :) Ok, time to look up a looong list o' meds.

No comments: