Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!!

So the past couple years I admittedly haven't been super stoked about dressing up for Halloween. But try as I might to NOT do it, I just can't! It feels so incredibly unspirited of me and so against my very nature not to put on a costume when I'm told they are optional. I always end up enjoying the dressing up, but it's finding motivation to get creative that is the struggle. If I'm not inspired, it just seems blah. So I ran through the last minute options in my head, trying to figure out what I could do without buying anything. My brother suggested being cereal or snack crackers, but even that required a grocery store trip. While I was pulling my clothes out of the dryer this morning, I thought, "Maybe I'll be laundry?" I ended up going with "Static Cling." It was great. I got to wear my sweats (plus the socks, underwear, and dryer sheets I pinned all over them), my hair was SUPPOSED to be messy, it was free, and nobody else showed up as the same thing. Stay tuned for tomorrow night when I'll be dressed up as "Procrastinator Girl" frantically studying pharmacology. Oh well :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good on ya, way to be creative Kal! We had fun t-o-t ing Serrano with the kids.
Thanks for making me laugh this morning
Mom