Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ethiopian Food

Tonight was my first experience in Ethiopian cuisine. I've been wanting ot go for a long time for two reasons:
1) You get to eat with your hands
2) It's served on communal platters

We've been doing a series on community at church lately, so when we were discussing options for a social night, it seemsed like the perfect call. And it turned out to be a blast! Our home groups are done by location and an Ethiopian restuarant was half a block down from where we usually meet. I'm a little bit sad because tonight was my last night meeting in West Philly since I've moved and it is no longer the closest to me. That group has been such a huge blessing in my life since moving out here, and we have grown especially close in the last month or so. A few other girls are moving as well, so it was a night of farewell's for more than just me. I say this like we're moving across country, but we'll still be seeing each other every Sunday and hopefully hanging out on top of that :)! Tonight we laughed and chatted, shared the good and bad going on in our lives and ate lamb, chicken, beef, and veggies with our spongy bread and our hands. Good times.

No comments: