Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Puzzle Pieces

As I begin to write this I am feeling a bit guilty since blogging is probably not the best use of my time, but alas, here I am anyway.
Are you ever overwhelmed with the way the many facets of your life seem to converge? I feel like my life is this series of puzzle pieces being laid down before my eyes. When they are sitting there alone and separate I am almost always confused and curious about the whys of it all...huh, I guess "puzzled" would be the appropriate word. Eventually though, the seemingly separate pieces begin to interlock and the reasons for the people, places, experiences, hello's and goodbye's in my life begin to make sense. Today I was hit with some of the strongest situational irony I've experienced in a long time and I felt like I was living some sort of movie. I found myself laughing at the incredible and endlessly amusing ways God works. I don't really think much of what I'm writing makes sense since I'm leaving out all specifics and speaking in vague generalizations. I'll probably explain it more clearly in the future, but for now there's a lot I have to work out in my head. Suffice to say, God has a plan and it is evident in every experience of my life. To Him be the glory.

2 comments:

beckalippy said...

I think tat a puzzle is a great illustration of the sitch. We can only see the puxxle pieces as seperate pieces, each with its own seemingly meaningless picture, ,but God can see how they all fit together into a beautiful picture.
It was so good to talk to you the other night, even if it was short!!!

Anonymous said...

Keep blogging for those of us in rural California. I feel like I am living vicariously through you. We took Alex to SF on Friday for Academy of Art University for the summer. 1100 high school student, 260 in dorms (60 of which are not girls) all on their own (somewhat) in SF. Classes start today. I know what you mean about the metro city. We had a great time as tourists, but I don't think I'd like to live there full time.