Sunday, June 04, 2006

Getting the full experience

One of the things I love about moving to a new place is just the novelty of everything. It's amazing how much more you do when you feel like a tourist than when you've lived in a place for what seems like forever. Things that are new and exciting just have so much more appeal than those which seem commonplace. The history of this area blows my mind. For those who've grown up here, it's standard, but coming from Cali, where the only historic place anywhere closeby is an old mill, I kinda dig it. It's funny, today felt like a day that best fit the sterotypes I had about the EC before I got here. I went to church at a new place this morning and everyone was in suits and skirts and much more formal than I'm used to. I feel like I have to preface this by saying the church I've been going to so far is not at all like that and reminds me a ton of the one I went toward the end of my time at Cal Poly. And I'm not opposed to traditional-style churches it just felt so "East Coast-y," without that laid back Cali feel. After church I defintiely went the wrong direction and this got to drive the total expanse of Philadelphia before heading back home. Grabbed some lunch with the roommate, then we headed out to Valley Forge for a bike ride. Yeah, you can do that here. Go to amazing historical sites that are just down the road and ride your bike around. We had a great ride and I even got a cute guy to put some air in my tires since I forgot to bring my bike pump out here :) It was great because it seemed like there were hotties everywhere we went today. Niiice. After the park we stopped by Rita's for some water ice, more accurately pronounced "whatur ice" by these Philadelphians. They were shocked here to figure out I'd never had it, but it's basically an italian ice/fruit freeze kinda thing...pretty yummy and great after a bike ride. My roommate then gave me the "behind the scenes" tour of Villanova, complete with crypts, ghost stories, rooftops, and wonderful secret spots. We finished the day off with a nice dinner and some chillin at home. All in all a wonderful Sunday. I got to experience the sights, tastes, and general feeling of Pennsylvania, minus the nasty humidity, which seems to have retreated at least for a few days (THANK GOD!!). So what should my next adventure be? Well, NYC is on the slate for next weekend...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»