Wednesday, March 29, 2006

My Rain Boots

Ok, so I leave in less than two days, so I should be packing, doing homework, yadda, yadda, yadda, but I really think I need to dedicate this exact moment to my rain boots. It's been a wet couple months here in El Dorado Co. and I don't think I'd be too far off in saying that pretty much everyone is ready for some warm sunny weather. While I'd love to be able to wear a skirt and feel some warm sunshine, I must admit, I have been quite happy to endure the rain. As it is, I am kind of a rain lover. There's nothing like falling asleep with a good downpour going on outside. But part of what I like about rain is when it clears and the sun comes out. Everything smells clean and fresh...ahhh, wonderful. Anyway, back to the boots. This year had been a particiaulrly fun year for me and rain because of an amazing purchase I made last fall. I got these awesome poser Burberry black, cream, and red plaid rainboots from payless on clearance for like 5 dollars. Quite possibly the best five dollars I have ever spent. When was the last time you wore galoshes because I swear it has changed my world. There is something inherently liberating about wearing shoes that allow you to trollop anywhere unscathed! Puddles, muddy grass, even shallow streams! And the fact that they are loud as can be only adds to my joy. I feel like a kid again (as if I ever really stopped). Yeah, maybe I get a lot stares, and some sneaking glances, but I also get tons of compliments. Anyway, who the heck cares, I get to jump in puddles! I seek out especially wet and/or rainy circumstances, and I actually get sad when I realized the rainy season will soon be over. Good thing I just got a twirly skirt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love rainboots, I am glad you do too.
-Amy Foley-