Saturday, August 05, 2006

A break from the heat

Last night I went out for a drink with some girlfriends and as we left to head home, the night air actually felt good. It was such a refreshing feeling to actually enjoy being outside after the incredibly oppressive heat wave that's been hitting this area. With my roommate, the lover of AC gone for a few days I took the liberty to shut off the air and throw open all the windows. And I slept like a baby with my fan blowing in the cool night air. Ahh, respite! I then had the pleasure of sleeping in til I woke at 9 (AWESOME for a girl who has had 6:45 clinicals). When I realized it was still nice out in the morning, I threw on some workout clothes and went for a jog, OUTSIDE! I don't really think I can emphasize just how great it was to actually hang out outside without wanting to die. I think my favorite thing about great weather, even greater than having a lower energy bill or an excuse to put off studying, is that it just seems to make everyone friendlier. This morning I got hellos, smiles, waves, and even a little casual conversation from the others enjoying the beautiful morning. Maybe that's why Californians are so friendly; an abundance of good weather.
It's afternoon now and it has heated up a bit outside, but the humidity has resided for now at least, so I'm still a happy camper. Maybe the good feeling will remain through my study session...let's hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo comprendo, try working with hot pregnant women all day, they aren't very nice when it is hot out! Hope it lasts!
Momma